Thursday, March 01, 2007

I POST AT LAST!

Hey there everyone! I know, I know it has been more than a month. I'm sorry, but I have a series of pictures for you, the I will post over the next few weeks. (It's still cold, so I have to keep my picture supply lasting a long time).

I went to the Calgary Zoo recently, and took many great pictures, so I will post them. No fewer then 5 will be put online today! So without further ado, enjoy!

This is a golden eagle. I took a picture of it through the bars. It was kind of the consolation prize after the bald eagle evaded any good pictures, but it is beautiful none the less.













This is a gorilla with a scar of some form on it's chest. It took around 6 tries to get a steady shot of this guy.


These two owls were an interesting find. While looking at some curled up furry things, my friend heard chirping, we then looked up to see 4 yellow eyes staring down at us. These were also not seperated from us by any bars, so I decided not to use my flash for fear of scaring them.

This is a lion, but I'm betting you all know that already. I quite liked the looks of it, so I took a picture.


This is an elephant trunk, I couldn't get any good full-elephant shots because the bars were in my way, so I settled on an extreme close up.
There you go, I hope you have enjoyed this post! Just a few interesting notes, during my day at the zoo, I took 377 pictures, and since my photos tell me the exact moment they were taken, I did some math and found out that means I took 1.3 pictures every minute. I also took my 4000th picture while at the zoo.
Have a nice day everyone!
God Bless,
Keilan

3 comments:

N8 said...

Hey what's up Keilan. check my blog at
http://icepwndnoobs2.blogspot.com/
Now, or i'll post something bad about you (that's a joke by the way) but check it out and put a comment in my amazing new comment box!

Anonymous said...

great pics, as always! I love the owls! Though it seems so strange to me to see lions and elephants in snow. Lol. Great none-the-less! Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

HIIIII!! RAWR! Scary lion. I liked the owls most especially though! =]

That big ape thing was yucky though.... I don't like them at all!! And lions are cool, because they're like big ol' kitty cats! =D...